The following statistics for Winging Cat Rescue detail the number of animals who enter and leave our foster program in various ways. Below, please find the year-to-date numbers, along with historical data from previous years. A key for what each category means can be found below.
- Cats – Felines 6 months and older
- Kittens – Felines up to 5 months
- Owner surrender – An animal which is given up by its owner.
- Stray – Admitted through animal control/stated to be unowned or free-roaming.
- Return – An animal returned by their adopter.
- Transferred – Transferred out of the agency’s possession to another entity.
- Adoption – An animal that is placed permanently with a person for the purpose of being a companion.
- Died in Care – Animals who die while sheltered.
- Euthanized – Behavior – An animal that is aggressive or displays behaviors that make it unsafe to rehome.
- Euthanized – Medical – An animal that is diagnosed with a medical condition that is untreatable or would reduce quality of life to an inhumane level.
- Transferred – Animals that are sent to a rescue or shelter that will assure their placement.
- Saved Percentage Rate = Live Outcome/Total Outcome